Ortofon RS-212D 9" dynamic-balance tonearm
The Ortofon RS-212D tonearm takes analog sound reproduction to a higher level with highly configurable VTF options and a dynamic balance system for increased stability when tracking warps and other anomalies.
The RS D-Series tonearms can be used for a wide array of cartridges, feature anti-skating control.
Adoptable cartridge weight: 18g - 40g
• Dynamic balance graduated vertical tracking force (VTF) control through a new spring design
• The new short wire spring, housed in the pivot case, eliminates unwanted vibrations in the tone arm
• VTF in the range 0-5 grams can be precisely adjusted by means of the supplied digital force gauge
• Anti-skate control adjusted by calibrated dial in the range 0-5 gram
• Tone arm height, and thereby VTA, is easy adjustable on the tonearm base
• Detachable headshell and tonearm cable, with standard SME-type connectors
Please note: The AS-212S, AS-309S, RS-212D and RS-309D tonearms have a Japanese geometry, which will not directly fit the normal Baerwald alignment. Baerwald alignment has a zero tracking angle error at 66mm and 120.9 mm distance from the center of the platter.