The objective of the MICROMAN project is to provide an all-round, comprehensive yet specialized training in the field of micro manufacturing:
1. Innovative process fingerprint framework for zero-defect net-shape micro manufacturing.
2. Cutting edge interdisciplinary training in different micro manufacturing technologies.
3. Validation of technologies in industry for the production of micro component for the bio-medical, health-care, machine tool, pharmaceutical, quality control sectors.
The implementation of the MICROMAN project lies within the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020 (2014 - 2020). It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.
Ortofon's role as industrial partner is to provide hosting Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions, equipment for pilot production and quality control, training and study case for technology validation.
The expected results of the MICROMAN projects are:
• Pilot production of micro surgical device component with embedded finger print features in the micro product design
• Pilot production with process parameters integrated monitoring
• Quality assurance by real time in-line process and product metrology for total quality assurance
Ortofon's industrial profile, competences in acoustics, magnetism, materials and micromechanical assembly, focus on innovation and product development, modern machinery, suppliers portfolio, and last but not least experienced, motivated and highly skilled operators are the cornerstones of Ortofon's technology platform that ensures positive contribution to the MICROMAN project.
January 4th 2016 Ortofon obtained ISO 13485 certification with a scope: Manufacturing of components in plastic, rubber and metal for the medical device industry and manufacturing of Bone Conductors.
The new MicroPower machine for micro injection moulding →
Ortofon will contribute to MICROMAN project by investing in the new production equipment and, in cooperation with DTU Mechanical Engineering, by developing and verifying the new micro-injection-moulding (µIM) process development and optimization, production set-up, measurement and quality control processes.
We expect the MICROMAN project final results will enable to develop process technology for micro injection molding for medical devices, process new knowledge in materials for surgical devices, expand our micro-technical network with new competent partners.