Ortofon RS-309D 12" dynamic-balance tonearm
RS-309D 12 inch Ortofon’s D series tonearm takes analog sound reproduction to a higher level with highly configurable VTF options and a dynamic balance system for increased stability when tracking warps and other anomalies.
D series tonearms can be used for a wide array of cartridges, feature anti-skating control.
Adoptable cartridge weight: 18g - 40g
- Dynamic balance graduated vertical tracking force (VTF) control through a new spring design
- The new short wire spring, housed in the pivot case, eliminates unwanted vibrations in the tone arm
- VTF in the range 0-5 grams can be precisely adjusted by means of the supplied digital force gauge
- Anti-skate control adjusted by calibrated dial in the range 0-5 gram
- Tone arm height, and thereby VTA, is easy adjustable on the tonearm base
- Detachable headshell and tonearm cable, with standard SME-type connector
Please note: The AS-212S, AS-309S, RS-212D and RS-309D tonearms have a Japanese geometry, which will not directly fit the normal Baerwald alignment. Baerwald alignment has a zero tracking angle error at 66mm and 120.9 mm distance from the center of the platter.