The Ortofon TA-210 tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Our extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics in different shapes and materials has been applied for optimization of TA-210 tonearm.
• TA-210 is a static balanced gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings
• TA-210 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable
• The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
• Counterweight with Inner/outer scale
- Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight
- Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added
• Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
• TA-210 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template
• Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included (the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
• Extra mass ring weight 45g
"...The deck and combination has an attractive quality of making the midrange of the orchestra colours seem more intense and concentrated, as if you were listening in Technicolor!...
...The TA-210 has an unusually clean vibrational spectrum...
...So although the TA-210 is a long and conventional looking arm under measurement it performs very well..."
The extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force.
The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm.
The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation.
Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight
The TA-210 can ideally be combined with the MC Windfeld Ti, MC A95, SPU Series and the Ortofon Xpression. For SPU Series the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force.
The combination of Xpression, the ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and the TA-210 gives a supreme experience!
The High-end headshell LH-10000, incorporating damping technology similar to the TA-110/210 tonearms, will be a perfect interface between the tonearms and the Ortofon Cadenza Series, MC Windfeld Ti and MC A95.
The TA-210 is given a precision machined slit in each end of the aluminum tube. A piece of Ortofon special vibration damping compound is integrated into each slit:
• Rubber insert with high vibration damping properties integrated in the bottom slit of the armtube
• Special proprietary TPE compound with excellent damping properties integrated in the top slit of the armtube
Due to these two different materials an extended damping effect is obtained in the largest possible range. Both inserts integrated in the tonearm tube are manufactured at the Ortofon technical facilities in Nakskov, Denmark.
TA-210 armtube is a less stressed than TA-110 and a lot less stressed than conventional armtubes due to the Technical rubber and TPE excellent damping properties.
A detailed reproduction with a touch of warmthSee Product Details
High quality Arm rest for Ortofon tonearmsSee Product Details
High quality Arm lift for Ortofon tonearmsSee Product Details
Bridges the gap between the SPU and High-End MC cartridgesSee Product Details
Anti-static, carbon fibreSee Product Details
Reflecting our extensive experience in industrial design and technological know-how, we have become the global leader in the manufacture and supply of phono cartridges.
Our Partners can help you discover the product that is right for you. All new Ortofon products are backed by a guarantee when purchased from an authorized Ortofon Partner.
We are taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, prompt, helpful, high quality service and technical support.